Wednesday, July 30, 2014

God's Patience and My Urgency

My devotional thought for the day from 2 Peter 3:9 thought I would share this morning.


The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.


My Thoughts (take them for what you want)

  • "While God does the work of being PATIENT with those who have yet to know Him, I am to do the work of having URGENT anticipation as I handle the gospel of Jesus Christ.
  • The disciples didn't fear the coming of Christ, they urgently anticipated it, doing the work of spreading the Gospel.  
  • Knowing that God is all-powerful, and just - shouldn't he be the one that is urgent in his justice?  But no, he chooses to switch the roles and makes a choice to be patient and calls me to be urgent. (Boom! You're blowing my mind God)


Q's I'm personally wrestling with as a result:  

  • What distracts me (or the church for that matter) away from handling the gospel of Jesus Christ with urgent anticipation?  
  • Where is or has fear, apathy, cynicism, or personal preference crept into my life thus diluting my sense of urgency?


My Prayer:
Jesus be ever increasing my urgency in handling your Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment